Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Sensations! Swimwear Edition (No. Uno)

...because its summer and the memories are just waiting to happen

I was asked to dedicate a post on styling swimsuits for summer, I thought this would be a great opportunity to extended my summer theme. 
The following posts will be a set collection on:
"How to Style": Summer Swimwear
I'll show you how to wear your swimsuit in style :)

Music to Match the Look:
"Laredo" x Band of Horses
























During the summer season, a popular pastime is to go to the beach. I wanted to do a set collection on styling swimwear and being a South Florida native, I've been around the beach scene my whole life. Whenever I go to the beach I still put effort into my outfit, although you're going to be in the water, at some point you may go eat or shop on the strip. Especially in areas like Miami Beach, you want to appear fashionable...you never know who you're going to meet ;) 
Styling:
I chose this vibrant yellow fringe bikini for this set, this color would look good on women of any skin color. Yellow is a color that signifies summer, I think this color is perfect for a day on the beach. To accentuate this bikini, I chose to pair it with an Aztec printed cover-up. Wearing an over-sized shawl like this provides the perfect amount of coverage, while showing off your summer body. 
Shoes:
"Strappy Flat Sandals" by Zara