Thursday, April 18, 2013

Summer Sensations! How to Style: Cut-Off Shorts (Part I)

Can't You Hear Summer Knocking?
...styling for the HEAT WAVE
This will be a summer collection on "How to Style: Cut-Off Shorts"
 
Music to Match the Look:
"Litost" x Ambassadors





















For this set,
I decided to style with black (distressed&studded) cut-off shorts. I've been wanting to include this graphic "Celine" tee in one of my sets and I figured this would be the perfect look to accent this shirt.  
Shoes:
Jeffrey Campbell "Damsel" in floral print 
I chose to go with this style of shoe because I knew it would compliment this vibe perfectly...the platform bootie gives a lot of edge and this particular  floral print adds color/depth to the entire outfit.
Accessories:
One thing I love to do is "mix metals"...for a very long time it's been said that "you can't mix silver and gold, etc" well that's WRONG! Mixing your metals (gold, silver, gunmetal, bronze, etc.) adds so much of style and edge to your look. In this set, I chose to show this aspect of my personal style by choosing rings that are pre-mixed and a leather wrap-around watch bracelet. Leather bracelets are another one of those staple pieces that can add a sense of style and character to your outfit.  I chose a sideways cross chain as a necklace, it's simple yet stylish (this type of neck-wear will help accentuate your look).