Thursday, April 18, 2013

Top Ten Beauty Picks!

Ten of My Favorite Beauty Products & How I Use Them
...links are in red, click for more info :)





















I.
I use this product EVERYDAY, it's something I absolutely cannot live without. This solution can be used in a variety of ways however, there are three specific ways I apply Fix +
i. Spray all over face before applying make-up (before primer, foundation, etc.)
ii. Spray after make-up is finished to set and rejuvenate (I also carry this with me throughout the day and use it whenever I want to rehydrate and revitalize my make-up)
- This is a technique that should always be used (alone or paired with techniques I or III) 
iii. Spray directly onto brush (188 MAC Duo Fibre Brush, F80 Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush, or E.L.F Studio Powder Brush), apply foundation onto damp brush, then apply product onto face...after the foundation is applied evenly spray a generous amount of Fix + onto brush and stipple the damp brush around your face to help create a dewy finish

II.
(this is another product I use everyday) This is only one dollar, it works like a charm and it's a two in one set. I prefer the brow gel in this duo over MAC's Brow Set. Unlike the latter, the E.L.F brow gel holds your brows in place but doesn't make them overly stiff...
I use this product twice during the application of my make-up.
First, Apply my moisturizer and primer
Second, Shape my brows using the "brow gel" side of the wand (let them dry then continue)
Third, Fill in my brows using MAC's "Spiked" Eyebrow Pencil
Fourth, Shape and clean brows using concealer  
FifthApply brow gel again to keep brow hairs in place 

III
The texture of my hair is crazy, my hair is really thick and curly (naturally). When I straighten my hair it tends to get really frizzy/puffy, I just started to use this product recently and it works really well with my hair. It tames any "fly aways" and keeps my hair shiny/smooth. I apply this onto my hair when I wear it curly or straight, when my hair is curly I like to use this to help keep it soft (all the gel and mouse can make my hair really hard so I use this to balance everything out).

IV.
This is an amazing shadow, it's buildable so you can make it as strong or dull as you want it to be. I love the fact that it's a blend of black and gold because this makes it extremely versatile, you can use it to complete a smokey eye or you can use it on your lid alone to create a more natural look.

V.
This is a great primer because it leaves your skin feeling silky yet it dries as a matte finish and it helps conceal the appearance of pores and fine lines.






















VI.  
These are my favorite foundation brushes!
(I apply my foundation with these brushes in a stippling motion)

VII
I love this finishing powder, it absorbs any oil/shine left after applying foundation and leaves your face looking extremely matte. (I like to use this as an eyeshadow as well)

VIII
This is an amazing product, it has excellent coverage and is extremely lightweight.  

IX
...when used with the Fix + technique (iii) detailed in number one and paired with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder, it looks amazing. It's the prefect foundation to create a dewy finish and it looks extremely natural (which is one of my main concerns when choosing a foundation). This product also works well with dry skin!

X.
MAC "Lightscapade" Mineralize Skinfinish 
I love to use this product for highlighting purposes, it's the perfect powder to set any creme or liquid concealer/highlighter.