Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Maxi Fever: Grunge Queen" pt. III

"Rock and Roll is here to stay"
 ...styling your inner Rockstar

Music to Match the Look:
"My Songs know What You Did in the Dark" x Fall Out Boy




...for this set, I decided to style for the rocker-at-heart :)
My personal style is pretty eclectic, I basically dress according to how I feel when I wake up. But if I had to describe my style I would have to definitely say it's in the "rocker" category. This outfit, as well as every outfit in this "MaxiFever" collection, is one that is styled according to my taste. What I mean is, I've worn outfits similar to these, which is where my inspiration for these sets came from.

To style this look, I chose to go with a side split-maxi skirt
The knee high split gives this outfit some edge while exposing the shoes.
I paired this skirt with a graphic tank to accentuate the grunge-ness (totally not a word) of this look...

To add some color, I chose to accessorize with an olive handbag.
Jewelery,
Skull Studs 
Michael Kors Silver Watch 
Beaded Cross Bracelet
I selected these particular items because they wouldn't overpower the look of this outfit, you don't want to appear over-accessorized. My advice is to choose minimalistic pieces to accentuate and highlight your overall look.