Thursday, March 28, 2013

This is a Man's World

Overdose on Life
Stylin' for the "All American Bad Boy"

Music to Match the look:
"Uptown feat. Bun B & Lil Wayne" x Drake


I finally got a chance to do some menswear styling *applause*
I like styling for men more than I do women
...if I was a guy I'd definitely be pretty dope ;P




















For this look, I decided to go for a more casual feel.
This set could be worn to class, work, or basically anywhere...
There's something so sleek about a man in a leather jacket and skinny jeans, so of course I wanted to pair the two together for this look. I chose to pair black Cheap Monday skinny jeans with a men's shirt because these two items together can give a very effortless look. Unlike women, men prefer not to spend a lot of time "getting dressed", these particular items are easy to pair and quick to put on. It's important (a fashion necessity) for everyone to have at least one leather jacket. Leather is a staple to any wardrobe and you can combine it with almost any outfit. If you live in an area that's cold, you can wear this out and take it off once you've reached your destination. Wearing a shirt like this with the sleeves cuffed allows you to show your watch and/or tattoos (if you have any). Here, I chose a men's Gucci watch in steel from their G-Timeless collection. Michael Kors watches are all the rave right now for women and men, but I prefer brands like Gucci and Nixon selectively for men.
Man Purse (lol):
I hate seeing men carry things in their pockets, its easy to lose things when you rely solely on your pockets for storage. Every guy should have a messenger bag or some sort of backpack that they can carry around with them when on the go (p.s us ladies don't like having to hold your things in our purses). I chose an Obey "commuter pack" in a camo print to compliment this look, this is perfect if you're going to class and need to bring all of your supplies or if you're going to run errands because you can store items like your keys, wallet, and iPad without the possibility of misplacing things.
Footwear:
Vans Authentic Black Sneakers
Vans are my favorite brand of sneakers, I just think they are absolutely perfect, not to mention comfortable.
They come in a variety of styles and colors to match your everyday look.
Cologne:
Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme
This is like one of the best men's fragrances, it's priced at 59.USD and it's worth every penny.