Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Let's Get Sporty" ;)

"Champions keep playing until they get it right."
 ...styling your inner athlete

Music to Match the Look:
"Workout" x J Cole




















For this particular look, I decided to give a sportswear vibe mixed with a bit of glam. I chose a "Nike" cropped tank to pair with high-waist harem pants to balance the amount of skin showing, as well as to bring more of a fashionable appeal to the look

Instead of wearing sneakers or boots, I picked a pair of open-toed pumps to add a twist to the overall look. To glam it up even more, I chose to style this outfit with a color-blocked snakeskin purse, I liked this bag because of its color scheme. The pop of color adds definition to the entire look and the snakeskin print offers extra style

Jewelery, I chose a Marc Jacobs watch and a simple silver arrow necklace as accessories to keep it as minimal as possible. You don't want to look over-powered, a simple watch helps you look sleek and effortless.  

Beauty, personally I would style my hair to have body by curling it. Since the top is a cropped tank you don't want to be extremely bare, so I wouldn't chose an up-do The curls will give you a sultry look to accentuate the sporty/glam image. For the lips, I would go with some color. In this particular set I chose a red lipstick because it would be the perfect completion to the look