Thursday, March 28, 2013

Urban Decay

She said "See ya Later, Boy"
...he wasn't good enough for her

Music to Match the Look:
"Sk8er Boi" x



















Styling:
Graphic T's are one of my many addictions & when I saw this shirt, I immediately gained inspiration for an urban punk-like set. I'm actually in the process of ordering this shirt for myself, boys who skate are all the rave ;)
To accentuate the punk feel of this look, I decided to go with leather skinny pants & of course, Vans (another one of my many addictions)...
Accessories:
To give this look a little bit of softness, I chose to pair everything with an over-sized Michael Kors tote (with the logo print). This provides some girly-ness (totally not a word, yes I know lol) to the look and keeps you looking fashionable.
I wanted to keep the jewelery light yet, eye catching. I love stack-able pieces and whenever I choose to wear a watch I normally pair it with a few bracelets to create a bit of an "arm party". For this particular look, I styled a camel-toned leather watch with a gold link and rhinestone bracelet. I'm also obsessed with knuckle rings, so obviously I decided to incorporate them into this set (I recommend wearing the rings on your bare hand to balance out your arms). 
Footwear:
Limited-Edition Kenzo Vans
What can I say, Kenzo is one of the greatest designers and one of my favorites!
...so whenever I choose to style an outfit with Vans footwear, I immediately go to the Kenzo designed shoes. This pattern brings color back into the outfit while adding detail and style, instead of keeping this look dark, I chose a vibrant shoe to exhibit a "skater" quality.