Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Maxi Fever: Flower Child" pt. I

"Like a true Nature's child, we were born, born to be wild. "
...styling your inner Hippie

Music to Match the Look:
"I Knew You Were Trouble" x Taylor Swift



Spring is here & what other way to usher in the new season than with a maxi skirt?
I'm going to provide three totally different sets in order to offer inspiration that can be used by someone in any genre of style.



















I am in love with this particular set, it's something that I would wear on any given day :)
I channeled the inner bohemian for this look by pairing a floral maxi skirt & a white crop top with a fringe bag and flat leather strapped sandals.
Hair&Beauty:
To style your hair, I recommend a loose beach wave (like in the photo above) & adding a floral or ribbon-like headband around your forehead, hippie style ;)
For makeup, you want to go extremely natural. I chose a nude lipstick and a peachy/coral blush to add color while keeping your face warm and neutral.
Accessorize:
Marc by Marc Jacobs watch 
I chose piece of jewelery because it is sleek and has a sense of simplicity and elegance. With a look like this, you don't want too much of jewelery on because it will clash with the look.