Thursday, April 18, 2013

Summer Sensations! How to Style: Cut-Off Shorts (Part II)

All Good Things are Wild & FREE!

Music to Match the Look:
"Dog Days Are Over" x Florence & the Machine























Part II is dedicated to the Indie Rocker,
I chose to style this set for someone who is attending a festival like Coachella or the Free Press Summer Fest. Distressed (light denim) high-waisted cut-offs were the perfect shorts for this look because the light color adds a vintage "angelic" feel to this set. To accompany this hippieesque look, I chose to pair these shorts with an over-sized white  shirt (it's made out of a lightweight jersey material which is perfect for an outdoor event).
Accessories
I decided to accent this look with gold jewelery. A long necklace is perfect for this set because it will help highlight the neckline. This particular shirt has a column of buttons down the center, if you wear the shirt unbuttoned (two buttons or so) it will expose the neck and collar bone area (having a long chain helps to elongate and beautify this region).  I instantly knew that I wanted to have some Arm Candy with this look, I chose to go with a color that was vibrant and alluring. I ended up choosing a mint and gold braided watch, the wrap-around feature of this piece intensifies the layering and to add to the wrist area I chose to combine a few beaded bracelets (also in mint and gold).
Hair
I would style my hair with a lot of body, big curls or loose beach-styled waves would be perfect for this look and I would complete my hairstyle by wearing a headband (around my forehead like in the photo above).
Shoes