Thursday, April 18, 2013

Summer Sensations! How to Style: Cut-Off Shorts (Part III)

I Won't Be a Rockstar...

I Will Be a Legend

Music to Match the Look:
"Dream Catcher" x In Fear and Faith






















In the Spirit of Rock & Roll,
I chose to style this set with a little edge and simplicity. Military inspired looks are one of my favorite "vibes" to create a set with. Instead of going with camo-printed shorts, I chose an army green colored cut-off short to style with this graphic tank, the American flag print used on the tank helps further the military "vibe" of this look. With the summer comes an abundance of concerts, festivals, and outdoor activities, this collection is styled with ease and comfort for the summer weather. This set is particularly styled for someone attending an in indoor or outdoor concert. I would wear this at an event like Vans Warped Tour but, for this particular occasion I recommend swapping these wedge booties for a pair of Vans or Converse sneakers since this is an all day event.
Accessories
I chose gunmetal colored jewelery for this look, a winged skull pendant is the perfect neck piece because it will hang around your collar bone and it accents the American eagle on the tank. You can purchase this "Full Tilt" tank online here. I also chose a watch in the gunmetal color by designer Karl Lagerfeld. This is such a sleek and sporty watch, it compliments this outfit perfectly by not being too flashy. The last accessory that I chose to accompany this look is a pair of matte sandalwood colored glasses. These are non-medicated and look great paired with a messy bun hairstyle.
Shoes
Lanvin "Wedge Derby Shoe"
I would wear this look as is if I was attending an indoor concert and like I stated above, if I was going to an outdoor concert like the Vans Warped Tour I would swap these booties with a pair of Vans or Converse sneakers.